Laboratory unit for modifying organic materials using accelerated electrons REAMODE
|Name:||Laboratory unit for modifying organic materials using accelerated electrons|
|Partner:||Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology (FEP)|
Laboratory unit for modifying organic materials using accelerated electrons
This laboratory unit is used for the modification and sterilization/disinfection of surfaces under atmospheric pressure using an electron beam.
The unit can be equipped with a variety of electron beam emitters (linear or scanned axial-type electron beam source) or a UV beam generator. Various transport modules allow the processing of 2-D and 3-D substrates as well as bulk goods.
The penetration/treatment depth depends on the selected beam source and varies from 10 … 200 µm.
- substrates with 2-D or 3-D geometry with dimensions of 400 × 400 × 200 mm up to max. 5.0 kg weight
- bulk goods with particle sizes over 500 µm
Range of applications
- curing of lacquers, coatings, layers on wood, plastic, metal, etc.
- modification/crosslinking of polymer films, polymer surfaces, polymer granulates as well as fibers, fillers, and raw materials
- germ reduction on the surfaces of raw materials and packaging
- sterilization/disinfection of surfaces(e.g. for biomedical applications)
- development, testing, evaluation, and maintenance of electron beam generators
Link to Further Details
Options of instrument usage
- This instrument is used within a service or research collaboration.
Points of Contact
Last updated at: 7 June 2019 at 09:44:44