- We have secured our own web domain to match our name and are now available at dresden-technologieportal.de. Our old alias tp.dresden-concept.de is still available.
- In May, the DRESDEN-concept team visited a number of its member institutes and met the employees exactly where they have to go and eat daily: In the cafeterias and canteens. On these days, all those interested were able to ask their questions about the unique research alliance. DDc's services were also introduced, so that we from the DRESDEN Technology Portal were also on site.
- Under the motto "Textile-based composites - from Research to Practice", the 24th National SAMPE Symposium was held in Dresden from 6th to 7th February 2019. The participants were offered an exciting program with presentations on intelligent textile-based lightweight construction systems from science and industry. Renowned experts from industry and research reported on the latest process and product developments for textile-reinforced fibre composites and, of course, we also took the opportunity to draw attention to the DRESDEN Technology Portal.
- The Czech-German Day of Applied Science took place on Tuesday, 5th February 2019 and aimed at helping both science and industry to find the right partners and appropriate financial support for mutually fruitful cooperation. Throughout the day experts and decision-makers from research, public administration and business had the opportunity to share knowledge and build new partnerships. We took the chance to inform about the DRESDEN Technology Portal as a tool to get access on research infrastructur in Dresden.
- Our team of the Dresden Technology Portal likes to say „Thanks“ to all our partners and collegues for their support and excellent work. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2019!
- On 22nd November 2018, DRESDEN-concept launched its fourth ”Scientific Area Network” (SAN) in the lecture hall of the Hochschule für Bildende Künste Dresden (Academy of Fine Arts) with the possibility to discuss “Perspectives on Materiality in Art and Design”. Scientists and junior researchers from the DRESDEN-concept partners had the opportunity to give short lectures on their research results regarding these or similar questions, and to exchange ideas over snacks and drinks in the subsequent informal networking session. The team of the DRESDEN Technology Portal was also on the site.
- With an own information desk we exhibited at the bionection Partnering Conference for Technology Transfer in Life Science in Dresden. The conference brings together research institutions, technology transfer experts and innovative high-growth companies and offers an excellent platform for the initiation of new cooperations and efficient technology transfer.
- Our project team is growing. We welcome a professional developer who will give us support with the implementation of our booking system.
- We have been to the 4th International Conference on Research Infrastructures (ICRI) in Vienna, 12-14 September 2018. Among other things, ICRI 2018 aims at providing a forum for strategic discussion on international cooperation for research infrastructures at global level; highlighting the essential role of research infrastructures; reflecting on the needs, development, and operation of global and national research infrastructures.
- From 1st August 2018, a DRESDEN-concept branded DVB tram will be running in Dresden. The tram will provide regular transportation for one year, but will also be used for exclusive tours. It will transport residents and visitors through the state capital Dresden and will familiarise them with a research alliance that is unique in Europe. As a DDc project the DRESDEN Technology Portal is also illustrated on the tram.
- The _Barkhausen Institut_ is the newest partner institution in the DRESDEN-concept research alliance and for this reason also within the DRESDEN Technology Portal.
- Every year at Dresdner Lange Nacht der Wissenschaft (Dresden Science Night) we inform together with our DRESDEN-concept (DDc) colleagues about the activities and work within the DDc-alliance and of course about the Dresden Technology Portal.
- During the Open House Day (Tag des offenen Labors 2018) at our partners place of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) we informed together with our DRESDEN-concept colleagues about the DRESDEN-concept alliance and of course the Dresden Technology Portal.
- At the HTW Dresden the opening session for the new Scientific Area Network (SAN) "Change through Digitalisation" was going to be interesting. Scientists from eight diffrent DRESDEN-concept partners spoke within 5 minute slots about their current research acivities. A SAN connects scientists from 27 partner institutes in an interdisciplinary manner. To share ideas and find new collaboration partners are only some of the benefits for the participants. For us it was just another perfect chance to make everyone aware of the Dresden Technology Potal.
- The German Aerospace Center (DLR) – Institute of Software Methods for Product Virtualization is the newest partner institution in the DRESDEN-concept research alliance and for this reason also within the Dresden Technology Portal.
During the Future Lab (Zukunftslabor) at the TU Dresden about Sharing Equipment, Infrastructures and Platforms we had a fruitful discussion with all participants. It is very important for us to know the requirements and needs of our users for the further development of the Dresden Technology Portal.
We partnered at Deutsche Biotechnologie Tage (D.B.T.) in Berlin. DBT is an annual two-day event that provides a forum for all stakeholders in Germany’s biotech scene to exchange views and experiences.
- We published within the Dresdner Universitätsjournals about our new Technology-Portal-Box. You can find the online-article here (PDF).
- Together with the Media Centre of TU Dresden we have finished the development of the Technology-Portal-Box By using a TP-Box, entries in the database of the Technology Portal can also be provided autmatically and synchronized within the webpages of TU Dresden. Changes in the DTP can so be shown at the same time in the TP-Box. As a result the provided information in both systems is always identical and time-consuming double data administration is unnecessary.
- We introduced tags as keywords for instruments and services. Within the overwiew of our partners instruments and services you can also use them as an extra filter.
- A First in the German Research Landscape - An internal partnership under civil law between TU Dresden and the Max Planck Institute enables the use of research synergies. This is an important milestone to continuously improve the requirements for the exchange of services via the Dresden Technology Portal. You can find the press release here (PDF).
We welcome the Technischen Sammlungen Dresden (TSD) and the Academy of Fine Arts Dresden (Hochschule für Bildende Künste Dresden - HfBK) as two new members within the research alliance DRESDEN-concept and in that way also within the Dresden Technology Portal.
We published in the new DGM brochure about the Materials Research Network Dresden (Materialforschungsverbund Dresden e.V. - MFD). You can find the new brochure here (PDF).
Our team of the Dresden Technology Portal likes to say „Thanks“ to all our partners and collegues for their support and excellent work. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2018!
DRESDEN-concept invited for the kick-off event of the Scientific Area Network (SAN) „Innovations in Medical Technology“ in the Dresden State Art Collections. There were approx. 150 (junior) researchers from DRESDEN-concept partner institutes in attendance. The Scientific Area Network connects scientists from 24 partner institutes in an interdisciplinary manner – just another perfect chance to make everyone aware of the benefits from the Dresden Technology Potal.
We exhibited at the Bionection Partnering Conference for Technology Transfer in Life Science in Jena. The bionection gives you the possibility to get in contact with interesting people from science and industry in the life science area.
We exhibited at the conference Werkstoffwoche in Dresden. The Werkstoffwoche Dresden is a specialized fair that offers developers, manufacturers, researchers and users of materials science and engineering and related disciplines a meeting place for the exchange of information as well as interesting contacts.
We published within the Dresdner Transferbrief. Download the E-Journal as a pdf file.
DRESDEN-concept invited researchers of all DDc-partners to the Science Cruise on the Elbe ship “MS August der Stark”. The cruise took us through the calm waters of the river Elbe all the way to Pillnitz and then back to the habour of the “City of Excellence“. Enough time to do some networking and make everyone aware of the Dresden Technology Portal.
As last year we have been represented at the information desk of our colleagues from DRESDEN-concept during Dresdner Lange Nacht der Wissenschaft.
We partnered and exhibited at the 2nd Dresden Nexus Conference 2017 (DNC 2017). „The Dresden Nexus Conference is a platform developed to advance the sustainable development agenda by bringing actors together who apply a Nexus Approach to resource management.“ DNC took place in Deutsches Hygiene-Museum and was organised by Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), Leibniz Institute for Ecological Urban and Regional Development (IÖR) and the United Nations University Institute for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (UNU-FLORES).
We partnered at Deutsche Biotechnologie Tage (D.B.T.) in Hannover. DBT is an annual two-day event that provides a forum for all stakeholders in Germany’s biotech scene to exchange views and experiences.
11 facilities of the three institutes CRTD, BIOTEC and B CUBE present their work at the Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (CMCB). Because of all their instruments and services being available within the Dresden Technology Portal, we will also be on site on the 3rd of February.
- We partnered and exhibited at the 6th Dresdner Werkstoffsymposium 2016 „Additive Manufacturing“ at the Westin Bellevue Hotel Dresden. The Werkstoffsymposium is a platform to get in contact with interests from research and industry within the field of material science in Dresden.
- What is DRESDEN-concept? What is it all about? How can I benefit from it? This and more has been presented during the Information event on 7th December 2016 which took place in the auditorium of the SLUB (Saxon State and University Library). As a DRESDEN-concept project we have also been available to answer questions about the Dresden Technology Portal.
In order to inform our users even better about the availabilty of equipment, we introduced the following classification:
- independent use of instrument
- assisted use of instrument
- instrument sorted out Furthermore we slightly redesigned the layout of our website.
The Dresden Technology Portal was represented at the European Technology Transfer Conference held in Stockholm from November 23-25 2016. ASTP-Proton is providing a platform for European Technology Transfer Professionals and this Fall-Meeting took place under the motto: “Working together, sharing experiences.
- We partnered and exhibited at the International Textile Conference in the ICC Dresden. Boasting over 700 participants most recently, this conference counts as one of the most important textile conference in Europe.
- We pointed out to the Dresden Technology Portal during the TRANSFER WEEK 2016 „Energy and Materials“ at TU Dresden.
- We exhibited at the Bionection Partnering Conference for Technology Transfer in Life Science in Halle.
Along the 4th Industry Partner Day, which was hosted by our DRESDEN-concept member Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology (FEP), we informed about the Dresden Technology Portal.
We partnered and exhibited at IEEE 5G Dresden Summit in the International Conference Center (ICC) Dresden. This one day summit did provide a platform for the industry leaders, innovators, and researchers from the industry and academic community to collaborate and exchange ideas in the emerging 5G technology.
- During the „Electrical and Computer Engineering“ Faculty Day at TU Dresden we informed all interested people about the Dresden Technology Portal.
- We published within the Dresdner Transferbrief. Download the E-Journal as a pdf file.
- From 4th July until 3rd October 2016, the DRESDEN-concept Science Exhibition addresses current research questions. The exhibition is located on the Neumarkt Square in Dresden and aims to inspire residents and visitors with scientific highlights. Take the chance and inform yourself about DRESDEN-concept and our partners from the Dresden Technology Portal.
- We partnered and exhibited at EEE-Conferenz (Entwerfen Entwickeln Erleben) within the beautiful ambiance of Palais im Großen Garten.
- With a banner we are represented at the information desk of our colleagues from DRESDEN-concept during Dresdner Lange Nacht der Wissenschaft.
- We published within the new DGM brochure of the Materialforschungsverbund Dresden e.V. (MFD). Download the brochure as a pdf file.
- Together with our colleagues from DRESDEN-concept we run an information desk during Tag des offenen Labors at our partners place Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR).
- Users of our partner from Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden (HTW Dresden) are able to login via single-sign-on.
- We partnered and exhibited at Deutsche Biotechnologie Tage (D.B.T.) in Leipzig.
- With the help of a template (excel, CSV) our users are able to import/ upload several instruments and services with one click.
- We partnered and exhibited at the conference "Zukunft Energie" by Fraunhofer IWS.
- We learned about latest trends in computer technology at the International PHP Conference.
- We changed our name from
Technology Platforminto Dresden Technology Portal. In order to avoid further confusions, we decided to change the name into something more intuitive and descriptive.
- We exhibited at the Bionection Partnering Conference for Technology Transfer in Life Science in Leipzig.
- We exhibited at the conference Werkstoffwoche in Dresden.
- We have re-designed our portal to be responsive supporting a wide range of mobile devices.
- A new release of our portal software is online. It provides sustainability for the long future primarily, and a few improvements regarding a more appealing and intuitive user interface.
- Currently, there are technical problems with single sign-on, i.e., when authenticating users at their home institutions. Please apologize. We are working on this issue.
- A new interface (RESTful web services) allows to automate synchronizing content of our partners with our central database.
- The database now includes further instruments that are imported from the BioDIP database automatically.
- Our team has grown by one more professional web developer. Welcome!
- Instruments of the Imaging Platform of the DZNE are now available.
- The IFN became BioDIP. These instruments get imported from the new source BioDIP.
- Services are now available for entering and searching.
- We hire a web developer.
- We reported about the status quo, recent and future activities to the DRESDEN-Board.
- The SAML infrastructure of the TP for distributed authentication has been extended to connect with the identity provider of the HZDR.
- The UI, menu structure and navigation have been improved significantly. Thus, your bookmarked links may have changed!
- The new alias tp.dresden-concept.de provides a short address to the Technology Platform that is conform to both, English as well as German.
- A new interface allows to automatically import instruments of the MPI-CBG LMF & TDS and the Biotec/CRTD Imaging facilities from the BioDIP Wiki into the Technology Platform.
- The profile pages of instruments and institutions has been improved significantly.
- Our new login server is online - a secure SAML 2.0 based infrastructure for secure, state of the art user authentication and single sign-on. Now, partner institutes can easily provide secure access for their members of staff to the Technology Platform.
- We introduced the Technology Platform to interested members of the HZDR in-house on 29th Aug, 2012.
- A short article in the magazine "Insider" informs members of staff of the HZDR about the Technology Platform, German PDF available here.
- We are hiring! Students and freelancers please check here.
- A short article in the magazine "Insider" informs members of staff of the HZDR about the Technology Platform, German PDF available here.
- A couple of scientific instruments of the Fraunhofer IWS are available now.
- The "Dresdner Universitätsjournal" publishes an article on how the Technology Platform supports efficient research, German PDF available here.
- The menu structure has been revised completely introducing new main menu items Equipment and Partners, as well as quick statistics in Equipment.
- A new full-text search function is available now.
- A number of scientific instruments of the Leibniz IPF are available now.
- An article introducing the Technology Platform appeared in edition 03/2011 of the "Dresdner TransferBrief", German PDF available here.
- A number of scientific instruments of the MPI-CBG are available now.
- The search for structural units/institutions has been improved.
- A training course introduces the Technology Platform and how it integrates with the TUD FIS on Oct 27.
- Points of contact can be specified for each individual device.
- Support email contact available based on a ticket system.
- Users registered at the TUD "Forschungsinformationssystem" (FIS) are granted access to this platform.
- New design of the DRESDEN-concept available.
- Migration of 800 scientific devices of selected professorships of the TU Dresden from FIS.
- Members of staff of the MPI-CBG are granted access to this platform using their in-house credentials.
- Searching for the German name of a structural unit.
- Input of formatted text using WYSIWYG editor.
- Logging in uses secure connection for transmitting user's credentials.
- Different kinds of provision of devices, dependent on the user's experience level with this specific device.
- Limited visibility of devices in search results. The provider of a device specifies up to which level of his or her organisation hierarchy the device can be found.
- Deployment to the live server.
- Filtering search results according to a specified partner institution.
- Filtering search results according to a specified device classification key.
- Searching for an institution as a quick way to navigate to it.