Microdisplays and sensors
|Name:||Microdisplays and sensors|
|Partner:||Fraunhofer Institute for Organic Electronics, Electron Beam and Plasma Technology (FEP)|
The Microdisplays and Sensors business unit is involved with R&D on comprehensive prototypes and systems of OLED-based microdisplay and sensor components. We offer you the entire spectrum of product development for OLED-on-silicon applications, ranging from CMOS design, to OLED stack alignment, optical design, system integration, and interface programming.
Types of Service
- This service is provided as a research activity e.g. as a development or improvement of methods tools or within research collaborations.
Points of Contact
Our services encompass all of the necessary steps – from the concept phase of development projects to transfer of the technology:
- feasibility studies
- conception of R&D projects including work packages, milestones, and costing
- OLED fabrication technologies for organic semiconductors
- CMOS design for controlling the OLED image or sensor devices
- organizing fabrication through a network of external foundries
- creation of the system design based on novel integrated circuit packaging technologies
- development of processes and procedures for fabricating structured, application-specific OLEDs, such as OLED microstructures and OLEDs for medical applications as well as for organic photodiodes (OPDs)
- pilot fabrication
- Evaluation kits for individual tests, assessments etc.
- technology and design transfer as well as licensing for OLED microdisplays, OPDs, augmented-reality (AR) for wearables, optical sensors, fingerprint sensors, etc.
Rigid substrate like silicon wafers or glass as well as flexible substrates can always be employed.
Last updated at: 8 February 2019 at 15:38:40