Mass Spectrometry (Facility)Parent Units:
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG)
German name: "Massenspektrometrie".
|phone:||+49 351 210-2616|
|fax:||+49 351 210-1689|
|address:||Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG), Mass Spectrometry, Pfotenhauerstr. 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany|
|partner:||Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics|
The Mass Spectrometry Facility serves as a primary point of contact on all aspects of mass spectrometry and its applications in life sciences. It provides general services in mass spectrometry and ms-based proteomics, including identification, quantification, and characterization of proteins, intact mass measurement, and basic analysis of chemical structures by MSn.
- Identification of gel separated proteins in any protein, EST and genomic databases
- Shot-gun analysis for small- and medium-scale proteomic screens
- Relative quantification of proteins
- Analysis of selected protein modification
- Determination of the molecular weight for intact peptides, proteins and small molecules
- Gel service: maintenance of 1- and 2-D equipment, protocols, advice
- Consulting in planning of proteomic experiments
- Upon request: basic analysis of lipids
The MS Facility performs proteomic analysis in complex natural mixtures including protein extracted from solid matrixes and isolated from organisms with an unsequenced genome. The special field of our expertise is proteomics of archaeological organic residues.
|Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (MPI-CBG)||Institute|
Last updated at: 2018-10-29 09:01